The BioGarage offers access to three Applied Biosystems QuantStudio 7 Pro Real-time PCR systems. Each instrument can accommodate up to 384 samples per run. The QuantStudio has 6 optical channels available for multiplexing. See the manufacturer’s website for more information.
Before being given instrument access, users are required to attend a training session. To set up a training, please fill out the form below and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
After training, instrument time can be booked using our online scheduling tool. A link to the scheduling tool can be found on the Scheduling page. BioGarage instruments are available for use on weekdays from 8 am to 4 pm. See further policies regarding instrument usage and training below.
The BioGarage does not supply laboratory materials or bench space for walk-up instrument users. Users are expected to prepare their samples before coming to the BioGarage.
Make sure to use optically clear plastics and seals. We recommend the following or equivalent products:
- For 96-well 0.2 mL block:
- MicroAmp Optical 96-Well Reaction Plate (Applied BioSystems, Catalog no. N8010560)
- Optical 8-Tube Strip with Attached Optical Caps (Applied BioSystems, Catalog no. A30588)
- For 384-well block:
- MicroAmp Optical 384-Well Reaction Plate with Barcode (Applied BioSystems, Catalog no. 4309849)
- MicroAmp Optical Adhesive Film (Applied BioSystems, Catalog no. 4360954)
Our instruments are also compatible with ThermoFisher TaqMan Array Cards.
We recommend you set up access to the QuantStudio Design and Analysis Software so you can set up plates and analyze data outside of the BioGarage.
- Once you have made a Connect account, Click on “view all apps” and select Design and Analysis under Real time qPCR
QuantStudio 7 Pro User Guide
The initial training session for the QuantStudio 7 Pro $150. Trainings typically take 2-2.5 hours.
Subsequent uses of the instrument will be billed at an introductory rate of $50 per use.